BioRunUp is a small cap subscription service run by Mark Messier and Mike Havrilla, that teaches people how to trade biotech stocks. Mark Messier is the original founder of BioRunUp.com and a former IT professional with strong analytical skills. Mike Havrilla is a former pharmacist and has a wealth of experience when it comes to trading volatile biotech companies! Combined together Messier and Havrilla have made $3.8 million in profits day trading biotech stocks, all verified on Profit.ly.
Their strategy focuses on finding drug companies with short term catalysts so they can profit by either buying or short selling. Typical catalysts are results of clinical trials and drugs seeking FDA approval. This is an extremely volatile sector of the market that experiences wild swings based just on data from a research study. If the results are disappointing, the biotechnology stock can drop 50% within hours.
BioRunUp’s Research and Analysis include:
- Reading SEC Filings – companies reveal everything in SEC Filings they are boring to read but are a goldmine for juicy information.
- Researching press releases, bulletins boards, forums and the companies official website.
- Evaluating the potential risks, example why might a company be denied FDA approval.
- Analyzing drugs and evaluating their future demand.
Key Features for Paid Members:
- Comprehensive reports of upcoming FDA and clinical trials.
- Given entry and exit price points for each trade.
- Chart and technical analysis advice.
- Weekly watch-list of hot biotech stocks to watch.
- Weekly webinars where members can interact and ask questions.
- Access to a chat room full of experienced day traders.
- Video lesson library – provides a strong foundation for learning the basics of trading.
- Alerts via text, email and twitter of critical news.
- Allowed to promote their service by joining their affiliate program.
- Members can view Mark Messier and Mike Havrilla’s trading account to track their profits and see what stocks they’re holding.
- Plenty of positive reviews from customers on Investimonials.com.
- Access to their private Twitter feed so you can see them post their trades live.
- Possible for traders to make money by shadow trades as long as they enter at a good price. I don’t recommend using this approach because these stocks move too quickly.
- Short selling opportunities as the alerts could potentially send share prices too high.
- Highly recommended by Timothy Sykes and partnered with him on Profit.ly to sell their course and DVD, “Ultimate Guide To Biotech Stocks”.
- Mark and Mike have a strong track record.
- Biotech penny stocks are volatile, meaning you can easily lose 60% on a single trade.
- $99.95 a month or $697 for an annual membership is too expensive for the average person. In addition, subscribers will need at least $2,000 to trade alerts.
- Some stock picks are illiquid that spike when the alert is given out to subscribers and fall rapidly after the alert. Members follow alerts without thinking and get angry when they lose money. Also in the past members have accused the owners of front running alerts.
- Both guys trade using margin, not everyone will be comfortable short selling fast moving stocks.
- Their risk management skills are questionable – in the past both guys have suffered big losses. This is normal for every trader but this still worries me.
- Most of the data they find is available for free on websites such as biopharmcatalyst.com
- I think there are better subscription services from people who have a better understanding of the industry.
In conclusion this service is not for the faint-hearted. There is potential to make and lose a lot of money, it’s high risk / high reward.