Founded in 2018, My Investing Club is a day trading community run by experienced traders Bao Nguyen, Alex Temiz and Tosh Bradley. MIC is slowly growing their service and is now home to over 2,000 active traders. Members are provided with a top notch trading education and mentorship to ensure they are given the best chance to succeed.
In this review, I’ll cover everything you need to know before signing up including both the pros and cons.
The first thing I noticed about the founders is they all specialize in different trading strategies. Bao Nguyen (@modern_rock) is an industry veteran who is an expert at day trading/short selling penny stocks. The younger Alex Temiz focuses on Level 2 tape reading and Tosh Bradley swing trades.
In addition to these three guys MIC has a team of over ten moderators to run the community. The moderators role is to keep the community running smoothly and offer support for new members.
What’s included in the Membership?
My Investing Club is a well-rounded service offering subscribers a tonne of educational material, almost too much. They have a video lesson library of trade reviews and tutorial videos, a chat room, live webinars and DVDs.
MIC has three different membership levels – monthly, annual and lifetime. Aside from the cost, each plan comes with different benefits. The more you pay, the more education you receive.
- The monthly plan is $197 per month and in return you get access to the live chat room, video library, all the DVDs (except Jumpstart Accelerator), weekly webinars and TAB program.
- The annual plan costs a cool $1,890 per year. For this fee you get everything from the monthly plan plus one-on-one mentorship, weekly trading recaps, historical MIC archive, free access to MIC events, personalized trade reviews and large cap/option trading strategies.
- Finally the lifetime mentorship is a one-time fee of $6,995! This mind boggling fee grants you exclusive access to the MIC Jumpstart Accelerator, live trader clinics with Alex and Tosh, early access to unreleased videos, early VIP entrance to events and reserved front row seating. You need to apply for the lifetime membership and go through a screening process as they don’t accept everyone.
The chatroom is hosted on Slack and the channels are neatly organized to make it easy to find what you’re looking for. In addition to the main trading chat room, there are other channels for blue chip stocks, options trading, OTCs, swing trading, after hours and much more.
The newsfeed channel is a useful feature that shares real-time breaking news. You can enter the @get + ticker command to pull data for a certain stock – shares outstanding, float average volume, social media activity and SEC filings.
There’s also a TAB (trading accountability buddy) channel where you can pair up with another trader to help keep you disciplined. Overall the chat room atmosphere is quite friendly, it doesn’t have the toxic vibe others tend to have who bash new members for asking questions.
One of main positives about My Investing Club is the massive video library. There are 750+ videos covering everything from trade recaps, tax planning, fundamental analysis, hotkeys, tape reading and more. The videos do get more detailed, there are in-depth tutorials covering their favourite strategies – first red day, first resistance, first bounce, death line and VWAP reclaim etc.
Luckily the videos are tagged by topic, so just use the search bar to find what you want as the library will contain videos you’ll have no interest in watching. Each video is also accompanied by a notes area on the right side of the page.
Similar to Tim Sykes, MIC have a wide array of DVDs available along with their monthly membership. Currently the following list of DVDs are included:
- Trading Fish Academy
- Trading Basics with Joe Kelly
- MIC Jumpstart Accelerator Course
- Fundamental Analysis Series with ChicagoTrader
There are a range of downloadable learning resources – PDF guides, excel spreadsheet, checklists, scripts and more. The downloads include tutorial videos to explain how to get the most value out of each resource.
MIC regularly holds trader meetups so members can network and meet others in-person. If you’re an Annual or Lifetime member there is no cost, I’m afraid people on monthly plans will have to pay. Due to the pandemic, I don’t think there’ll be any in-person meetups for a while!
- Opportunity to learn from successful traders, Bao Nguyen alone has allegedly made millions through trading OTCs.
- Daily webinars to keep members engaged and answer any questions they have.
- Membership content is very well-organized. Video lessons and downloadable resources will save you a lot of time compared to looking for this information for free online.
- Overall the prices are expensive and it’s only worth it if you have at least $10,000 to trade with.
- There’s more of a focus on short selling but there are resources for long-biased traders. Not everyone is comfortable shorting stocks.
- Difficult to find reviews of the service outside of the testimonials on their website and YouTube channel.
Coupon Codes or Special Discounts?
I hate to be Mr obvious but simply search for coupon codes on Google and you will find various sales pages from LaunchPass.com. It appears they forgot to take these down and may have been left active by mistake.
Examples of a coupon code I found:
SAVE200 – try using this code on the monthly and lifetime plans.