Paul Scolardi aka Superman is a veteran small swing trader who trades mainly low float stocks with a specific theme that he thinks will be hot in the future. What separates him from the crowd is his unique ability to find momentum before other traders. I’ve been a subscriber to Super Pro Alerts for the past 10 months.
He has been trading since 1997 and has over 15 years experience. He was a former CPA, this gives him an edge when reading SEC filings. His posting style was inspired by Tokyo Joe, who was a famous stock picker during the early internet times. He started his career by posting on thelion.com (a popular stock message board), where he gained a following through his track record of big winners. He is the number one rated trader on Investimonials.com and is 5th in overall profits on Profit.ly with $2.38 million, just ahead of investors underground.
- Finding momentum before it happens. DGLY went from $3 to $33 + LIVE went from $1.50 to $12
- Focuses on earnings/value plays
- Theme Plays
- Prefers Low Float Stocks
- Has been involved in most of the annual monster small cap movers
- Plays stocks mainly from the long side, occasionally he short sells.
- Posts too much, and tweets too much about stocks he has positions in – Some people call him a pump and dumper.
- Greed – Doesn’t sell early enough to lock in profits + sets dollar targets e.g. if the stock goes to $2.00 I’l make $20,000 etc
- Limited chart use
- Fixates on small groups of stocks at times
- Did not see into the breadth and depth into the Chinese fraud – Chinese companies were posting false financials
- Needs to short more
How He Finds Momentum Before it Happens
Earnings Plays – Things to Lookout For
- Keeps a list of stocks using Yahoo Finance
- Know when they are due to report financials
- Know the prior year comps
- Review the last earnings report
- Know sympathy companies that reported strong earnings
- Year on Year growth
- One Timers
- Sequential Growth
- Seasonal Businesses
- Run Rate?
- The Lower the Float the Better
- The vision of the company
- Forward comments by CEO/CFO – Vague or Specific
- Warning or Caution
- New Business
Theme / Sympathy Plays
- Can send a group of stocks higher
- Always read about current events + new technologies
- Try and get ahead of the theme
- Get in early or don’t bother getting in
- Usually the easiest shorts
- Keep a portfolio of stocks sorted by theme
- Example of themes – Social Media, Gold, Hurricane, Bird Flu, Cancer, China, etc
Low Float Stocks
- High risk / High Reward – Don’t chase low float stocks
- Illiquid – Take small positions
- Don’t Chase
- Quality of news is crucial
- 2 Million Float or Less – Ultra – Very little volume is needed to move the stock
- 3-5 Million Float – If the news is Quality will act like Ultra
- 5-10 Million Float – Solid volume needed
- Keep a portfolio of stocks sorted by float
Some of his BIG Winners
LIVE – LiveDeal Inc
ROSG – Rosetta Genomics Ltd
TriForce Trader (Matthew Owens) is Paul’s top student with nearly $1,000,000 in verified profits in under two years. Matthew began trading with Super-Trades at the beginning of 2014 and enrolled in his Bootcamp to further learn his strategy. He is the perfect student as he is self-driven and has a natural ability for picking stocks. Before joining he lacked the structure to make money with his trading ideas.
@IncredibleTrades on Twitter has made over $450,000 following him and is a chat-room moderator.
@DrMatt30 has made $452,000 and plays an important part as a chat-room moderator.
RedRocketStocks was one of Paul’s earlier success stories but I don’t know exactly how he’s doing now. Back at the start of 2014 he turned $6,000 into $37,000 (a 500% gain).
E.g. Of Super-Trades Watch-list for July 6th, 2015
New or recent watch list stocks that are highlighted to watch for trades today from the scan.
EZCH CHART earnings winner cybersecurity personal stop loss would be the 4 EMA …personal target $22.50 plus if it works
ZYNE CHART quiet period ending….there was an article about US govt reporting cannabis cures cancer in preclinical personal stop loss would be the 4 EMA …personal target $27 plus if it works
FTNT CHART slow sto 20 watch cybersecurity personal stop loss would be the 4 EMA …personal target $43-$44 plus if it works
EROS CHART slow sto 20 …… personal stop loss would be the $31 area ……personal target $32-$33 plus if it works
BEAT CHART chart has been strong in bad market personal stop loss would be the 4 EMA …personal target $15 plus if it works
LPCN CHART slow sto 20 watch personal stop loss would be $12.5 …personal target $13.5-$14 plus if it works
BPMC SWING slow sto 20 watch personal stop loss would be the 4 EMA …personal target $27 plus if it works
CLDX CHART slow sto 20 watch was down on FDA wanting one more trial but no bad drug news I saw personal stop loss would be the 4 EMA …personal target $15 plus if it works
RTTR CHART slow sto 20 watch baker bros bought personal stop loss would be the 4 EMA …personal target $3.5 plus if it works
ACY CHART low float earnings winner not for chasing or large positions personal stop loss would be the 4 EMA …personal target $10.5 plus if it works
Updates on past watch list stocks or alerts
FOLD CHART slow sto 20 ….. personal stop loss would be the 4 EMA …personal target $15 plus if it works
OME SWING has been watch list winner earnings winner personal stop loss would be the $16 area ..personal target $17 plus if it works
PIRS SWING owns biotech class of drugs that they can make drugs with and license out personal stop loss would be the $2.5 area…personal target $3 plus if it works
PTN CHART potential trade on Sprout buyout by $VRX…….but they have 150m warrants and some insiders filed to sell…….could be long/short battleground stock personal stop loss would be the $1 area ..personal target $1.50-$2 plus if it works
AIMT SWING personal stop loss would be the $22 area ..personal target $24-$25 plus if it works
LPCN SUPER WINNER From $7 !!! safety data was good….de-risked for me im holding….. …..….….…… personal stop loss would be the 50 MA …personal target $8-$15 plus if it works over time
TRIL SUPER WINNER from $8 upped personal target……. – original notes -→>>> Bought 15000 shares $TRIL at 7.9407 – DO NOT CHASE – TRADE / SWING CTSO recently uplifted and has been strong. additionally, cancer stocks have been very hot. TRIL is cancer stock in a hot area, recent reverse split approx. 4mm o/s shares and uplist. Personal stop loss low 7’s and personal target 9-10 plus if it works.Ufx